PC Financial World Elite Mastercard – Reviewed
The PC Financial World Elite Mastercard is, in my opinion, the best no annual fee rewards card available. It works best when you shop at stores owned by Loblaws, but even if you do not, the points really add up! The World Elite Mastercard also has a nice perk – free ten-day travel medical insurance!
PC Financial has done a great job being transparent with their rewards program. Too often you get a rewards card, but you are never 100% sure how the rewards calculate. Every 10,000 PC Points = $10 in free groceries. Points accumulate at a rate of 30 points per $1 spent in Loblaws-owned stores, and Esso gas bars. Everywhere else earns at a rate of 10 points per $1 spent.
Kendra and I venture two major grocery shops per month. The first we shop mostly at Food Basics, and the second we go to No Frills. By the time the No Frills shop comes around, we generally have $20-$40 in free groceries waiting for us. Sometimes we treat ourselves to some nice fresh fish or steaks at Zehrs, and the tab is picked up by PC. It is awesome.
Key features of the card
- No Annual Fee: The PC World Elite Mastercard gives you the equivalent of 3% cash-back, and free travel insurance. The card also looks really cool so you can feel like a baller without paying baller fees.
- Excellent Rewards: 3% rewards rate at Loblaw’s branded stores (including Shopper’s Drug Mart), PC Mobile & PC Travel. 3 cents per litre in bonus PC Points on Esso premium fuels, and 2 cents for regular fuel. 1% rewards on purchases everywhere else
- Easy To Redeem Rewards: Once you have a minimum of 20,000 PC Points, simply present your card at the checkout and ask to cashier to deduct $20 from the bill. You can do this in $20 increments, as often as you like.
- Free Travel Medical Insurance: Covers you and your family up to $1,000,000 for 10 days.
- No Fee Extras
- Car Rental Collision/Loss Damage Waiver Insurance.
- Identity Theft Assistant Service to help you avoid identity theft or restore your identity
- 24/7 concierge service to make dinner reservations, reserve event tickets, deliver gifts and more
Even if you do not shop at Loblaws stores regularly, the PC World Elite Mastercard is worth getting just for the free extras it provides. We reap the cash-back benefits every month, and we are not big Loblaws shoppers.